Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 National Champions

Well, we did it! The Duke Blue Devils are the 2010 NCAA Champions! I can't tell you how excited it makes me. It has been a great year for the Blue Devils, and for me! They were the ACC regular season champs (tied with Maryland), ACC Tournament Champs, and now they have brought home the National Title! They even went undefeated at home this year, and I got to be a part of it all. I was able to attend a few games, seeing them win the ACC Tournament in Greensboro, and I even joined the students by the bonfire after their big win over UNC in March. For me, the highlight of it all was going home to watch the championship game with my wonderful family, and then going to the Homecoming Celebration at Cameron to see them bring home the trophy.

They could not have accomplished all of this without their senior leadership from Scheyer, Thomas, and Zoubek! They are going to be greatly missed (especially Scheyer). I think the Blue Devils are looking good for next year with their incoming recruits, especially Kyrie Irving, and the activation of Seth Curry. If Kyle Singler decides to forgo the draft, I will be looking for a 5th banner to hang in Cameron! I am a little sad that the season is over, but when I think about all that they accomplished it makes me smile. It has been a great ride for the Blue Devils this year, and I am just glad I was able to experience some of it! I posted some pictures below! I am a very proud Duke fan, and now all Duke fans can rejoice in our great season and look forward to another great season next year! GO DUKE!!






No comments: